pennsylvania - united states
The International Association of Lions Clubs was formed in 1917 by Melvin Jones in Chicago, Illinois. From that time, our association has grown into one of the largest service organizations in the world.
We as Lions see the need to help and serve. In the past, the Lions Club was strictly a male organization, NOW we encourage men, women & families to join.
We sponsor many local projects including:
Supporting The Visually Impaired
Since our founding in 1922, the Lions Club of Beaver Falls has continued to support the visually impaired and assist our local Pennsylvania Association for the Blind and the Lighthouse in New Brighton and other programs. We continue to support the visually impaired people of our community through monthly Transportation of the Blind to the Lighthouse for social events. Assistance to those in need of glasses. Providing financial assistance to the Beaver County Association for the Blind & Lighthouse. Sponsor a child to diabetes camp and sponsor a camper (adult or child) to Beacon Lodge Camp for the Blind. Member of the BFCDC.
100% of our
Raising is used
for Charity projects.
When we stand at the Post Offie, grocery store, we are collecting for our charity account – White Cane/Candy Cane Days!
We hold special fund raisers to further help our charity account.
- $1,500 Cash Raffle
Benefits Beaver Falls Charities,
Drawing December 15, 2019
Winning ticket based on Pa. Pick 3, evening lottery.
Tickets: $3.00 each
- Sell Subs (Spring & Fall)
- Sell Roses (near Mother’s Day)
Members also come up with the projects that they want to do for our charity account.
Twice a Month
Days: Second and Fourth Tuesday of the month.
Board meetings are optional for members and are on the first Tuesday of the month at College Hill Methodist Church.
- Attendance: To get the most out of the Beaver Falls Lions Club you need to participate. 100% Attendance Awards are easy to obtain even if you miss some meetings. Participation in events will count toward attendance.
- Participation: We know that everyone is busy and may not be able to attend every function. We offer the opportunity to help those in need on many levels. The more hands we have.. the more we can help… and the easier it is for everyone.
- Enthusiasm: Service to humanity is something everyone wants to do. Helping others is fun to do & by joining the Beaver Falls Lions Club you associate with others that like to do the same. Help others!
So, when do we meet and what are the requirements of being a member of the Beaver Falls Lions Club?
New Members pay $25 Initiation Fee and $65 Annual Dues.
At most meetings, we are business casual but some times we dress up when dignitaries or special events are planned.
Regular meetings start at 6:30 P.M. with most members showing up at 6:00 P.M. to socialize! Since we are a Dinner Meeting Club the cost per meal is currently $10.00. If you choose not to eat, that’s fine since we have some members that have special dietary needs.
We are all volunteers trying to improve our community. No one is paid to join, work or benefit from our club, except in the knowledge that by joining the Beaver Falls Lions Club you will fulfill the motto “We Server”.